If you are reading this blog, it means you found a new house and you are planning to move. Finding a home and moving can be very exhausting and stressful. Adding the packing and unpacking process can seem like a huge burden. Shark Moving Company is ready to share some steps to follow to help you save money during the move.
Choose the right moving company
We know that moving is a very stressful process and if you decide to hire a professional moving company you will need to act at least 1-2 months beforehand. Various factors such as your budget, personal preferences, and availability of local moving companies can influence your decision. If you are moving within the city in Toronto, the GTA or across Ontario you can check with the moving association if the local mover has licenses and meets other requirements. Moreover, reading reviews and customer feedback play an important role in the decision-making process. Depending on individual requirements, you should choose movers based on various factors like experience, services, and cost.
Walk through your new home
If you have the opportunity to walk through your new home while it is empty, use this opportunity and make arrangements before moving in. It is better to plan beforehand how your own items will fit in. For planning more accurately where the furniture will go, it is better to bring a tape measure. It will help you to save time and energy when the movers unload the moving van because you already know where to put your belongings and furniture. It is recommended to check the following items:
- Make sure all agreed repairs are made by the previous owner
- Everything that was covered in the sale is in the house
- Check that the house is free of debris, pests, and mold
- Most importantly make sure your furniture will fit in.
Make the house safe for children and pets
You should take extra safety measures when you are moving with your children or pets. You have to keep an eye on some dangers related to moving too. For example, you have to put box cutters and scissors far from a reachable place, and make sure the boxes with dangerous belongings are in a separate, closed room. Moreover, you have to be careful with packing materials so that children don’t play with them as toys. You can take the following measures to make your house childproof:
- Create a separate room for packing materials
- Create no-entrance spaces for kids
- Don’t stack boxes up high, spread them out
- Put sharp items, breakable objects, and other dangerous belongings in high cabinets until you find spots for them.
Make a plan for unpacking
It can seem entertaining to unpack things randomly when you move to your new home. However, some issues can occur when you dive right in. For example, you can end up unpacking plates, but no forks and knives, trousers but no shirts, and so on. By labeling all your boxes, you can prioritize the things that you most need on your first day and unpack your items according to your requirements. Planning is very important during the moving process. It can save you time and energy so that the moving process can end smoothly.
Clean your house
After the moving process cleaning can be the last thing you want. However, right after moving is considered the best time to deep clean your house. There are some tips for cleaning:
- Clean things that are close to the ceiling like fans, and shelving. Clean at the top in every room and then continue your way down
- Clean your fridge first. If you have any perishable food to store, it is recommended to clean your new fridge. It will not take so much time if it is empty.
- If you are done with the fridge, you can work on the rest of the kitchen. It is better to start with the ceiling and the tops of the cabinet.
- Disinfecting the bathroom is so important for hygiene. You can use an antibacterial spray to get rid of germs and bacteria.
- After completing all the above-mentioned steps, you can clean the rest of the house.